The 2017 DRN/FRS Scholarship Application is now available online. 2017 DRN Scholarship Application Click here to download the application. DRN is pleased to announce it will continue with its scholarship program and participate in the Foundation for Rural Services (FRS) Scholarship. Students can apply for both scholarships by completing the 2017 DRN Scholarship Application DRN/FRS Scholarship Application and potentially earn $3,000 toward their college education.
DRN will award twenty-two $500 scholarships to rural high school seniors who reside within DRN’s service territory. Two winners will be randomly selected from each high school within DRN’s service territory (Ashley, Edgeley, Ellendale, Kulm, LaMoure, Lisbon, Litchville-Marion, Milnor, North Sargent, Oakes and Sargent Central).
On the national level, should a student from our service area be selected to receive one of the 30 Foundation for Rural Services Scholarships, ($2,000 each), DRN will contribute an additional $500 to the scholarship bringing the FRS scholarship award to $2,500.
Eligibility* — Applicants must:
- Be a graduating high school senior (home-school students also qualify) with at least a C grade point average (GPA).
- Receive their local telecommunications service from DRN.
- Be enrolled in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university, or vocational-technical school.
- Indicate an interest in returning to a rural community following graduation.
* Relatives of DRN employees or directors are not eligible.
How to apply:
- Complete and print the 2017 DRN Scholarship Application DRN/FRS Scholarship Application online: (Applications are also available from your school counselor). See DRN/FRS Scholarship Application for the complete instructions and checklist of items to be considered.
- Postmark your completed application to DRN by Feb. 15, 2017.
- Applications will be reviewed and winners selected by a qualified review committee.
- Winners will be notified by mail in May 2017.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a one-time basis and will not be renewable.
- Award will be paid upon proof of registration at an institute of higher education and will be issued in August 2017.
- Scholarship will be awarded without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex or disability.
Complete your DRN/FRS 2017 Scholarship Application in Adobe Reader.